[TOS] POSSE CA notes

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 05:41:46 UTC 2010

For transparency-fu: notes on the POSSE in Mountain View that will be
running this summer. I'm sort of swamped at the moment but will be
trying to get a final list out before the weekend, and formal
announcements of the summer's lineup (along with "get more info here!
sign up here! etc." links) will be coming out on Monday.

---

We are definitely go for POSSE CA. We have a hosting commitment from the
Silicon Valley campus of CMU.

There will be one. (Not two.) It will be CS-focused.

We'll use Fedora as a foundation, but if Alolita can get a Mozilla
person in for a week (or someone from another project, etc) we'll tilt
the flavor that way to get some diversity into the projects with POSSE
experiences.

Date: July or August - Alolita will be picking the date with Tony
Wasserman (of CMU) when Tony gets back on the continent at the end of
the month, we'll know by April 1st.

Room: everyone will bring their own laptops (laptop cart == bonus
points, so we can install stuff ahead of time and attendees don't have
to worry about it), room needs movable tables + chairs, whiteboards,
projector.

Next check-in: Monday, 8am CA time, 11am BOS time, #teachingopensource.

One thing we didn't bring up, in case it matters: attendance cap I'd
like to set at 30, since there are 3 of us we can handle a larger class
than normal.

Alolita, did I miss anything?

--Mel