[TOS] How to become a POSSE instructor

Alolita Sharma alolita.sharma at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 19:57:32 UTC 2010

Hi Satyaakam,

2010/3/3 satyaakam goswami <satyaakam at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> > How there is there anyone in India ?  , i am associated with NRCFOSS
>> > AU-KBC centre your POSSE looks similar to our there programs
>> > http://nrcfosshelpline.in/web/downloads/ ,
>> > http://nrcfosshelpline.in/web/down/15/
>>
>> Hi, Satya - we don't have any POSSE instructors in India currently, but
>> I believe that Alolita was hoping to run one there after she became an
>> instructor at the California POSSE. She's on this list, so hopefully
>> will see this message.
>>

> Alolita does she have plans to work in India , i have not heard from her in
> long and i have no clue what she is upto now  ;-)

I've been working steadily on numerous open source initiatives in India -
its good to see you've joined NRCFOSS now.

>> I took at look at the NRCFOSS center materials you linked to, and I
>> think the key difference between the programs is that POSSE is
>> specifically aimed towards an audience of professors looking to learn
>> how to teach their students how to participate in and contribute to open
>> source communities, whereas NRCFOSS seems to address FOSS usage in
>> general.
>>

> So its something we have learned by participating with communities for
> years..

Is NRCFOSS mandated to teach students only? Would it be interested in
educating professors in universities also?

>> One thing I wasn't able to find, though, was the licensing of the
>> materials on the NRCFOSS site - are they open-licensed?
>>

>  unless otherwise mentioned it is public domain

What does public domain mean? What is the license - CC or FDL or ? Please
clarify.

Regards,
Alolita