[TOS] How to become a POSSE instructor

satyaakam goswami satyaakam at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 06:07:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:27 AM, Alolita Sharma <alolita.sharma at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Satyaakam,

>>> Hi, Satya - we don't have any POSSE instructors in India currently, but
>>> I believe that Alolita was hoping to run one there after she became an
>>> instructor at the California POSSE. She's on this list, so hopefully
>>> will see this message.
>>>

>> Alolita does she have plans to work in India , i have not heard from her
>> in long and i have no clue what she is upto now  ;-)
>>

> I've been working steadily on numerous open source initiatives in India -
> its good to see you've joined NRCFOSS now.
>

>>> I took at look at the NRCFOSS center materials you linked to, and I
>>> think the key difference between the programs is that POSSE is
>>> specifically aimed towards an audience of professors looking to learn
>>> how to teach their students how to participate in and contribute to open
>>> source communities, whereas NRCFOSS seems to address FOSS usage in
>>> general.
>>>

>> So its something we have learned by participating with communities for
>> years..
>>

> Is NRCFOSS mandated to teach students only? Would it be interested in
> educating professors in universities also?

The mandate is for both students and teachers it starts with teachers first
. Then work with management facilitating introduction of FOSS elective in
there syllabus.

let me check up the wiki as well there are some more orgs i have come across
with similar mandate in India.

lets touch base and talk more on IRC when your time permits.

-Satya
satyaakam.net