[TOS] Blog Post: Linux and kids: What are the best ways to teach children about open source?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 5 13:30:29 UTC 2010

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1326&tag=nl.e101
"Linux and kids: What are the best ways to teach children about open source?"

commenting about:
http://www.mercurynews.com/business-headlines/ci_14478986?nclick_check=1

"Cassidy: Geek girls make a point at Linux Expo"

When the girls heard about the conference from their dads, both active
in the open source movement (and it is a movement), they decided they
would submit a proposal for a presentation. The girls, Mirano said,
wanted to make a point: "That there are girls out there who are
interested in computers. We can do this. We're not weak or anything or
unintelligent or whatever.''