[TOS] Textbook status

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 14:01:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010, Chris Tyler wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 12:51 -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
>> 1. The "beginner's mind" chapters.  Dave and Chris, I think that these are
>> crucially important -- even if they aren't complete and perfect, we need
>> something here.  I've seen blog posts from both of you that would do in a
>> pinch.  If we want one chapter instead of two, that's fine -- but I think
>> we need *something*.  Need your guidance here -- can we have something
>> next week?  At least something to start from?
>
> I have most of the first chapter written. Last I talked to Dave about
> this, he's not expecting to get to it, so I'll try cover that piece too.
> It's crazy-busy here but I think I can get this out (perhaps in a
> shorter form than I'd like) by mid-next week.

Beautiful.  Give Dave my best.  :)

And again: perfection is for suckers.  Either of you guys can give 60% and
it'll still be better than most people's 100% -- you know this stuff
backwards and forwards.

--g

--
Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.