[TOS] writing style for textbook

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 11:20:45 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 11:14:53AM -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> What is our writing style for the textbook going to be?

In response, Greg Dek said:

"Somewhere between semi-informal textbook tone and informal how-to
tone."

Reading the chapters and thinking about voice consistent, I think that
means we can feel OK with using the second-person pronoun "you", be
sparing but don't sound stilted.  Third person references are for
other existing entities, such as upstream projects.  For consistency,
we can remove any first-person references.