[TOS] Textbook / Mediawiki / Docbook

David Nalley david.nalley at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 17 14:46:29 UTC 2010

> Need some advice from docbook gurus.
>
> Are there scripts that take Mediawiki content and pump it straight into
> Docbook?  And if so, how expensive is it to run such a set of scripts over
> our current version of the textbook?  Is it the kind of thing where we
> could be doing "nigtly build" equivalents, or is it really the kind of
> thing we need to do once at the end?
>
> --g
>
> --
> Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
> Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.

Short answer - not really - or at least nothing I know about.

Within Fedora Docs we start with Release Notes, and a group does the
manual work of setting up chapters, sections, etc, and then gradually
adds tags.

Perhaps a weekend hackfest with some DocBook types (Jared Smith seems
to turn around stuff like this in amazing time) can get  together and
start this work.

David