[TOS] Version Control for Textbook

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Mar 22 13:33:30 UTC 2010

Within the next few days, we should be at a point where it's time to make
the move from the Wiki into Docbook+SVN.  When we do, we'll need a host
for the textbook.

We've already got a SVN server set up at TOS.org.  Currently, the only
repo is this one:

http://svn.teachingopensource.org/repos/tos/

For this repo, we'll be putting a username and password in the book
itself -- because it's essentially a scratch space, and we don't mind if
students screw it all up.  We can revert to previous versions if need be;
that's kinda the point.

For the book itself, however, we want to be a bit more cicumspect.
Chris, would it be possible in the next few days to set up another repo,
with access restricted to a set author list?  Like maybe:

http://svn.teachingopensource.org/repos/textbook/

--g

--
Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.