[TOS] Textbook: amended release plan
gdk at redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 16:53:56 UTC 2010
Chris has requested a 12-hour slip for the content freeze. I have
graciously consented. :)
Which means the amended plan looks like this:
* WED, 2359 EDT. Content freeze for everyone but ctyler. No more new
content. Tag all textbook wiki pages "0.8-FREEZE" in the summary field.
* THU, 1159 EDT. Content freeze for ctyler.
* THU. Final edits by a core team: copyediting, grammar, transitions,
voice, working together all day on #teachingopensource. At the conclusion
of this final edit, tag pages 0.8-FINALEDIT.
* FRI. Docbook conversion and any required minor format corrections. At
the conclusion of this process, tag pages 0.8-RELEASE. Create a
"0.8-RELEASE" wiki page that points to the versions of the pages with the
release tag, so that we've got both "release" and "head" identified on the
* MON. Run docbook branch. Check docbook work into SVN. Begin to
advertise the textbook. Watch Tim Budd go. Get ready to edit everything
in sight. :)
Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.
tos mailing list
tos at teachingopensource.org
More information about the tos