[TOS] Textbook: amended release plan

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 16:53:56 UTC 2010

Chris has requested a 12-hour slip for the content freeze.  I have
graciously consented.  :)

Which means the amended plan looks like this:

* WED, 2359 EDT.  Content freeze for everyone but ctyler.  No more new
content.  Tag all textbook wiki pages "0.8-FREEZE" in the summary field.

* THU, 1159 EDT.  Content freeze for ctyler.

* THU.  Final edits by a core team: copyediting, grammar, transitions,
voice, working together all day on #teachingopensource.  At the conclusion
of this final edit, tag pages 0.8-FINALEDIT.

* FRI.  Docbook conversion and any required minor format corrections.  At
the conclusion of this process, tag pages 0.8-RELEASE.  Create a
"0.8-RELEASE" wiki page that points to the versions of the pages with the
release tag, so that we've got both "release" and "head" identified on the
wiki.

* MON.  Run docbook branch.  Check docbook work into SVN.  Begin to
advertise the textbook.  Watch Tim Budd go.  Get ready to edit everything
in sight.  :)

--g

--
Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.