[TOS] POSSE status updates

Matthew Jadud mjadud at allegheny.edu
Wed Mar 24 21:05:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 16:33, Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com> wrote:
> faculty. We're going to try to have at least a few non-CS profs (who are
> willing to tinker with code and follow along there) in order to begin
> exploring the notion of "POSSE for the liberal arts," but are still

I'm skeptical about running a traditional POSSE curriculum with anyone
other than CS faculty. I'd like to keep these groups separate. I think
it would be disrespectful to pull (say) a prof. from a Art department
(who might have zero experience with a command line, let alone code)
and stick them in a POSSE classroom for a week. They'd be bored, and
it would represent a massive waste of their time.

That's my 2c, anyway.

Cheers,