[TOS] POSSE announcement template email (v.1.0)

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 13:32:24 UTC 2010

>> Your second paragraph, with a slightly modified first sentence, gets
>> right into the point of the email quickly. That might serve as a
>> better starting point.

Whoa, you're right. Cut the first paragraph, and
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/HOWTO_plan_a_POSSE#POSSE_announcement_email
sounds much better. Thanks, Matt.

I worry that professors may not know *why* open source is a valuable
thing to incorporate into their classes, but my blathering on
"distributed international teams on large, complex, existing projects"
wasn't a good way to explain it anyway. ;) And maybe for this summer's
POSSES we need to start with the professors who are already interested,
or figure that those of us near this summer's POSSE locations can reach
out and explain it to enough individuals that all our classes will be
filled.

Folks who've been looking for a template to announce POSSE to their
institutions with - does this now fit the bill closely enough that you
can adapt it from here?

--Mel