[TOS] Announcing the textbook. :)

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Fri Mar 26 05:21:03 UTC 2010

We are delighted to announce the release of version 0.8 of our textbook,
"Practical Open Source Software Exploration: How to be Productively Lost,
the Open Source Way".

The URL for the SVN/Docbook release will be coming soon, when Karsten Wade
and his team has completed the conversion process.

The URL for the wiki release:
http://teachingopensource.com/index.php/Textbook_Release_0.8

We are already working on the 0.9 release.  The work continues here:
http://teachingopensource.com/index.php/Textbook_Roadmap

My heartfelt thanks to my fellow contributors, who helped over the last
weeks and months, and especially over the last few days: Karsten Wade,
Max Spevack, Chris Tyler, Mel Chua, Jeff Sheltren, and Matt Jadud.

Lots still to do, of course -- but this is our first milestone, worth
remembering.  With luck, the first of many.

--g

--
Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.