[TOS] Announcing the textbook. :)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Mar 26 14:20:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 07:40:24AM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to post to the RTEMS community to see if anyone can help
> review. What's the best url to point them to?

Taking best guess from what Gregdek and I talked about on how to
handle the upstream work.  We're going to try something that is a bit
crazy for the maintainers but is really good for a larger pool of
collaborators.

The wiki is going to continue to be the upstream source.  All editing,
writing, etc. happens there.  If we make a single fix in the XML
today, such as adding a comma, we need to fix the upstream source as
well.

This way contributors can continue to read and collaborate via the
wiki.  So that's the URL we want people reading who are reviewing:

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/Textbook_Release_0.8

We'll have the pretty book version available by Monday, and will link
from it on that page.