[TOS] Announcing the textbook. :)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Mar 27 16:54:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 06:48:51PM -0700, Timothy A. Budd wrote:
> Ok. I've handed in last terms grades, and I'm back from my trip to
> Arizona, and my course on open source development begins next tuesday.
> What format should I use for the textbook?  SHould I just point the
> course web page to the on-line version? Or is there an easy way to get
> a printed representation?

We are working on the for-print version.

The wiki pages are the upstream source.  There is value in looking at
it, but we think the built HTML (multiple and single pages) are going
to be an easier web representation to use as a textbook.  Throughout
the weekend I'll be updating the builds available here:

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org/TOS/Practical_Open_Source_Software_Exploration/

Don't panic about what you see there.  Lots of formatting issues as of
Saturday morning, it uses other Publican defaults (such as GFDL for
content license, etc.)

Keep an eye on this mailing list, and let's ask Greg to email you
directly when all is ready on Monday.