[TOS] OSCON !?!

Heidi Ellis heidijcellis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 00:53:29 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,

I've been looking at how the OSCON folks have categorized our submissions.
It appears that the Education track is a series of presentations on how to
_use_ OSS in education, not how to have student participate in and
contribute to an OSS project. The exception to this is Luis' presentation,
however the brief abstract on the web site seems to be general enough that
it could mean "students using" rather than "students participating in" OSS
projects. It seems that either we didn't make our case for a track focusing
on student participation in/contribution to OSS projects or they already had
a definition for an "Education" track which differed from ours.

Interesting!
Heidi