[TOS] pretty book status 0000 UTC 20100330

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Mar 30 00:16:40 UTC 2010

Been having fun with the wiki2xml conversion, although it's been a bit
lonely by myself and I miss sharing the how-to experience. ;-P  I've
tried to make granular commits, especially in the earlier ones, so you
can follow along and learn from the diff between revisions.  In latter
commits, I've jammed all changes in the one commit.  This is largely
because partial commits break the build, and I want each commit to
not break the build Just In Case(TM).

From this moment Tim Budd can begin working with the HTML content
tomorrow, and we should be delivering a complete PDF by then, too.

== Status ==

* Conversion complete up through Chapter 4.
* Remaining work is just brute force from here ...
* PDF is building (yay!)
* We're using a TeachingOpenSource.org branding that needs some help;
  I'm making fixes to that _after_ all content is converted.
* 114 pages (double-sided with blank ends for chapters, etc.), and
  growing ... (continued clean-up will introduce more whitespace.)
* Revision 22 in Subversion.
* We need bug tracking before we can go live with students ...