[TOS] Developer-in-Residence Model

Heidi Ellis heidijcellis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 13:51:55 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,

I like this idea. I definitely agree with Chris' idea about needing the
right context.

I also think that for the Professor-in-Residence to be effective, there
needs to be buy-in and plans for adoption on the part of the academic
institution. There needs to be a mechanism for integrating the
Developer-in-Residence and the knowledge/benefit that they provide into the
curriculum. Perhaps by forming a partnership with a FT professor?
Co-teaching a course? My concern is that the academic institution not view
the Professor-in-Residence as a resource that is helpful while present, but
then go back to previous practice after the Professor-in-Residence leaves.

Heidi