[TOS] LinuxCon mini-summit thread

Jeff Osier-Mixon jefro at jefro.net
Tue May 25 20:58:55 UTC 2010

Starting a new thread for updates.

Here are a few we discussed in IRC yesterday:

1 - The proposed format is a hybrid conference/unconference:

    10am - 12pm four 30-minute sessions related to education, first should
be a keynote from a TOS member
    12pm - 1pm lunch (not provided)
    1pm - 6pm unconference (need to plan, find refreshments, create breaks,
etc)
    7pm - 9pm optional social meetup somewhere nearby

2 - We have reached out to several speakers:

    - Joe Brockmeier: confirmed
    - Walter Bender: no response yet
    - Greg deKoenigsburg: no response yet
    - Michael Tiemann: no response yet

    and gotten one proposal which we are evaluating.  Not sure whether we
will open it up for a full CFP.

3 - I just posted the proposed schedule on the wiki at
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/LinuxCon_2010 and added our one
confirmed speaker

4 - I suggest that we give potential speakers until June 1 to decide, then
open up a full CFP for a couple of weeks if we don't have four speakers.

5 - The main LinuxCon site now has a wiki for room sharing at
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/LinuxCon2010/RoomSharing

I think that is all for now.

Jeff