[TOS] Meet to discuss LinuxCon mini-summit organization

Jeff Osier-Mixon jefro at jefro.net
Thu May 27 00:30:05 UTC 2010

Hi all, esp. Karlie, Sebastian, and Mel

I suggest we set up a regular IRC meeting on #teachingopensource to discuss
the LinuxCon mini-summit.  (If this is onerous to other IRC participants, we
can move it off to a separate room)

As in all human endeavors, preparation is key.  We have just under 8 weeks
before OSCON, which means about 10 1/2 weeks before LinuxCon.

I suggest Thursday or Friday afternoons, 1/2hr to 1hr.  My schedule happens
to be fairly open during those times, anyone want to pick a day & time?

Agenda for first meeting:

1. summit outline
    - speakers, how many, for how long
    - TOS roles needed during the summit
        - master of ceremonies
        - TOS speaker
        - registration
        - materials
        - speaker liaison
    - afternoon unconference/round-table, etc.

2. finances:  funding lunch for attendees?  swag?

3. promotion ideas

4. who's where when?
    - Jeff is flying in Sunday eve 8/8, staying until Thurs afternoon/eve
8/12