[TOS] Computer Science Education Week - December 5-11, 2010

Leslie Hawthorn leslie at osuosl.org
Tue Nov 2 18:23:05 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

As part of activities for Computer Science Education Week [0], there's a
call for folks to present about the many careers available in CS [1]. While
I know many of us on this list are focused on outreach to post-secondary
school students, I think it would be wonderful if the TOS community could
take part by presenting to K-12 students about Computer Science. I checked
in with the folks running CS Ed Week [2] and they will soon be launching a
website that will help match make between folks wanting to give
presentations and schools looking for presenters. I will update this thread
with further information as soon as it becomes available. Of course, if
you're well dialed in to your local school system, it would be great to step
up now and volunteer to give a presentation; it's possible your local school
may have no plans around CS Ed Week, and they'd no doubt love your help to
participate.

[0] - http://www.csedweek.org/

[1] - http://www.csedweek.org/how-can-i-help/

[2] - http://twitter.com/lhawthorn/status/28819633677 &