[TOS] Computer Science Education Week - December 5-11, 2010

Heidi Ellis hellis at wnec.edu
Tue Nov 2 19:10:29 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,

I have recently been doing such presentations to local High Schools. The
National Center for Women in Technology [1] has a wonderful set of
pre-packaged "roadshows" that you can customize [2] (look at Programs in a
Box). I have taken one of these and customized it, including the
acknowledgement of NCWIT. (I also do a fun activity suggested by NCWIT that
includes chocolate which helps make the presentation popular :-) )

There are presentations for middle schoolers, high schoolers, school boards
and more. The presentations are also gender balanced. I have found them
wonderfully useful and much easier than starting from scratch. If you drop
me an email, I'd be happy to supply you with mine.

Heidi

[1] http://ncwit.org/

[2] http://www.ncwit.org/resources.res.html