[TOS] tos Digest, Vol 20, Issue 4

Matthew Jadud mjadud at allegheny.edu
Mon Oct 4 18:34:35 UTC 2010

Hi Remy,

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 14:10, Remy DeCausemaker <remyd at civx.us> wrote:
> I applaud your conception, but I'd be sure to include a solid software
> development component into the coursework, but I may be developer biased ;)

The course is a freshman seminar that is about grounding and growing
writing, presentation, and discussion skills. It takes on a topical
flavor, but it is not homed in a particular department. So, actually,
this course would very much *not* be about software development,
except in that we might engage some software communities to conduct
interviews, perhaps contribute to documentation or process... etc. (My
participants will almost certainly not be CS students, but instead
will come from all over the college.)

More later... it's a busy afternoon. Certainly, "Cathedral" is a
likely candidate, but Fogel's text would be too software-specific for
the course context.

Many thanks!
Matt