[TOS] Travel Funding Request for funds from POSSE ALumni allocation

Stephen Jacobs itprofjacobs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 15:22:43 UTC 2010

Travel Request for Funds from POSSE Alumni Program

I have had a paper on the RIT Program accepted at the 2nd annual IEEE Games Innovation Conference in Hong Kong, which allows greater dissemination of our work into the game education community outside of the US. I am applying to the POSSE Scholarship fund to cover travel expenses and registration as I have depleted my departmental funds for conference travel to FIE to present on different aspects of the RIT program. During my travels I will post summary blogs from the conference. I am in touch with OLPC and Sugar Labs to see if there are folks I can meet with while I'm out there. Also happy to meet with any  TOS folks from that part of the world while I'm there.

The following budget is likely a highest cost estimate, as the conference organizers are still exploring travel and accommodation options, but for the moment the estimate is $3250, broken down as follows...

Conference Registration: $550

Airfare: $1800 (seems to be the average. May change by a couple hundred up or down when finally booked.)

Hotel: $600 (120 per night including tax is currently listed)

Meals. $300 (50/day This is RIT’s standard rate, so its what I have experience to base it on)

The conference Web Site is below. Be warned, in some browsers the navigation blinks :-)

http://ice-gic.ieee-cesoc.org/2010/

This request is also linked in the budget to a new travel request page which we can keep or not.

Stephen Jacobs
Associate Professor
Interactive Games and Media
Rochester Institute of Technology
102 Lomb Memorial Drive
Bldg 70
Rochester, NY 14618
sj at mail.rit.edu
585-475-7803

What follows is a required public service announcement from my university ;-)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including
attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
information.