[TOS] Teaching/Research Equipments

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 13:46:40 UTC 2010

2010/10/29 Michael Adeyeye <micadeyeye at gmail.com>:
> Many thanks to everyone for their contributions. I have also sought opinions
> of colleagues here. I am right with the listed equipments. We will be
> exploring both - ARM and MIPS - architectures. And we do have the expertise
> to put them into full use. As I earlier said, the equipments will always be
> used by all the students. The postgraduate students will be required to
> guide the undergraduate students, when they need to use the equipments. We
> already run courses at both levels that require the equipments.
>
> I looked online if the suppliers could provide me with some free boards, but
> they've run out of free ones. It would be great if I could get them by the
> end of November so that we could get a hang of them before the school
> resumes in January.

FWIW RTEMS uses a number of simulators for testing.  We have support
for about 20 simulator configurations.  We have BSPs for ARM and MIPS
simulators.  Most of them don't have the features of say a BeagleBoard
but depending on what you are teaching, some of them may be good
targets.  They are very easy to use.

--joel sherrill
RTEMS