[TOS] Infrastructure team: People are having trouble subscribing to this mailing list

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sun Apr 24 10:30:13 UTC 2011

Mel Chua wrote:
> Just filed a bug: http://tickets.teachingopensource.org/issues/1
[...]
> Really, really need to fix this soon. Help? I have no idea what's up - I
> think Chris Tyler looked into this a bit but afaik we're still puzzled.

I think the error message being displayed is from
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/view/head:/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py#L111
which looks like it's not getting email address from the CGI, which
might suggest that something's wrong with the webserver CGI handling.
Is there some proxying or rewriting going on?

Does the email interface work and allow subscription?  I'll go test it.

Could someone broaden the description on
http://mail.teachingopensource.org/mailman/listinfo/tos
to talk about FOSS and not only "Open Source", please?

Hope that helps,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work through http://www.software.coop/