[TOS] Infrastructure team: People are having trouble subscribing to this mailing list

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Apr 26 09:21:45 UTC 2011

I wrote:
> Does the email interface work and allow subscription?  I'll go test it.

The email interface seems to work, which I interpret as further
evidence that it's a CGI setup problem.  Hope that helps.

Matthew Jadud wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 06:30, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> > Could someone broaden the description on
> > http://mail.teachingopensource.org/mailman/listinfo/tos
> > to talk about FOSS and not only "Open Source", please?
>
> Would it be possible to declare TOS an OSS/FOSS/FLOSS-debate-free
> zone? In the spirit of religious toleration, perhaps, we could all
> just agree to get along? [...]

Yes, it is possible, *iff* one of the inclusive phrases is used.
They're not my first choice, but I'd not ask for change if one's used.

If you want to use the dodgy religion analogy: it's not reasonable to
ask that people agree to get along if you insist on calling all
Christianity by the name Lutheranism, is it?

Hope that explains,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work through http://www.software.coop/