[TOS] Copyright assignment considered harmful?

Matthew Jadud mjadud at allegheny.edu
Sat Aug 20 13:41:06 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 08:55, Kevin Mark <kevin.mark at verizon.net> wrote:
> The words I've heard from various folks is the word 'pre-print' copy. There
> seems to be some exception granted for a version of that paper that exists

Which many people do on their own. You can, probably, proceed to point
places like Citeseer at your copy.

Also, if you're going to riff on a lack of openness, you might
highlight sites like

http://www.doaj.org/

which provides a directory of open access journals.

Hm. I'll ask a question on the SIGCSE mailing list about copyright.
I'm curious to see what response I get.

I'll report back when the flames die down.

Cheers,