[TOS] looking for open source speakers

Bonnie MacKellar mackellb at stjohns.edu
Thu Dec 15 21:14:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

We have Learning Community events several times a semester for our computer science students. We usually get people from the IT industry to come in to give an overview of some area such as security or healthcare informatics. Since we have been doing some open source projects now, and will continue to do them (my software engineering course will be working on a project with our local Ronald McDonald House), I thought it might be useful to bring in a speaker who could give an overview of the wonderful world of open source. I may have one prospect, but am interested in any recommendations from this list. We need to find local people since we have no travel budget! Local for us is NYC metro area. Are there any people you would recommend, or do any of you do talks like this?

Thanks,
Bonnie MacKellar
St Joh's University