[TOS] Some infrastructure team requests from POSSE-land

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Thu Feb 17 22:53:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 05:27:01PM -0500, Mel Chua wrote:
> * set up a TOS trac instance - permissions as low-barrier as possible
> (can file ticket by leaving email address instead of login, etc) to
> track TOS projects (POSSEs, infra, etc)?

Shouldn't take long, I've set up Trac before, but not really
extensively. Of course, if someone else has, then that's twenty times
better.

> * open a registration instance for each of 3 sessions of POSSE Basics
> this summer, with slightly different application questions than we've
> used before? (I can provide them - I'm going to try 'em out here for a
> bit of feedback first, I think...)

Will all of these POSSEs have the same questions? Here's the problem we
have -- posseapp was written so that a running instance has a set of
standard questions, and we can change those questions later, but it
affects *all* new applications on all POSSEs ('events' as they are
written in the models).

> Would any of these things interrupt having stable infrastructure by
> SIGCSE? That takes precedence in my mind, but if you've got buffer room
> I'd love a Trac up ASAP. The education strategy is a long-term complex
> project with a ton of actions, and I'd like to use good tools to track it.

As soon as we get a server up and running with current infrastructure,
we can tackle that.

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>