[TOS] FW: POSSE alumni grants: travel funding request

Sabin, Mihaela mihaela.sabin at unh.edu
Sat Feb 19 18:02:21 UTC 2011

[resent without attachment]

-----Original Message-----
From: Sabin, Mihaela
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 4:14 PM
To: 'tos at teachingopensource.org'
Subject: POSSE alumni grants: travel funding request

I'm a happy POSSE alum and I'd like to request travel funding for SIGCSE 2011. My TOS contribution to SIGCSE and my SIGCSE contribution to TOS include:
* HFOSS symposium short paper (attached)
* panelist on the HFOSS "Collaborating with Local Nonprofits" panel
* facilitator of the BOF "A Neglected Pipeline? How Faculty Teach, Advise, and Mentor Transfer Students"
* help with POSSE recruitment
* enlighten SIGCSE friends with my TOS classroom experience
* write an opensource.com/education article.

Travel expenses total $599, as follows:
* conference registration $235
* plane tickets $364

Looking forward to seeing many TOS supporters and practitioners at SIGCSE!

Mihaela