[TOS] request for VM at OSUOSL

Jeff Sheltren jeff at osuosl.org
Sun Feb 20 03:27:30 UTC 2011

I'm going to go ahead and install Mediawiki and Trac on the VM which
we provisioned a while back for TOS.  I'd like to try this with OSL
administrating the machine and granting access to specific directories
for certain people within TOS.  This will allow us to provide a much
better level of support.

Chris, we need to figure out a way to get the existing mediawiki files
and DB from you.  Do you want to email it to me, or we can set you up
an account on the VM to allow you to transfer it directly.  Are you
using MySQL currently?  I'll get a DB setup on one of our central DB
servers.

Ian, do you want to help transfer mediawiki to the new VM?  Sounds
like you have some experience there already.  If you can Chris can
both send me desired usernames and your public ssh keys, I can get
accounts setup on the server for you.

Mel, what's your intention with the trac instance?  Are any modules,
etc. needed right away?

Karsten, what's your time frame for starting to use the phpbb forum we
setup?  Is it worth disabling it for now and we'll worry about it
later when it's needed?

-Jeff