[TOS] GitHub adds educational accounts

Nicholas Whittier nwhittier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 12:43:42 UTC 2011

https://github.com/edu

GitHub now has educational accounts (free for students, free for
teachers/student groups, discount for educational administrators).  I think
this is something to keep in mind for events targeting distributed activity
and/or integrating efforts with existent projects that may already be using
github.

I'm not sure we're there yet, but in addition to setting up a privately
hosted Git repository, it seems like TOS could benefit from having a github
account as well.  The workflows pertaining to each would be quite similar,
but I find that they are distinct enough to be intimidating to new VCS
users.

-- Nicholas