[TOS] POSSE Doha: wrapping up report

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Jan 12 11:39:10 UTC 2011

Phew. Hard work over the past few days... here's where we stand right
now. I'd say we're 80% done and nearly all the remaining 30% is stuff
that can't happen immediately (yes, POSSEs take 110% effort).

== The Doha POSSE has been documented ==

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_Doha has been updated with
attendees, the curriculum we delivered, blog posts from attendees, and
deliverables we created as a class during the one-day session.

More blog posts and reflections will probably trickle in over the coming
days, and Sebastian and I are planning on writing an opensource.com
article on the experience, but this can be shown off as a finished,
polished page.

== Doha POSSE feedback has been noted ==

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/Talk:POSSE_Doha#Feedback has
notes from conversations with attendees that will be useful the next
time we revise the POSSE curriculum. This is still trickling in as more
people write reflections, again (right now it's just Affan's thoughts,
Saquib's will be added soon) but it's in a form now where it can be
shown off as a finished, polished page.

== This round of POSSE curriculum has been completed ==

I've revised http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_modules,
specifically the
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_modules#POSSE_001_-_POSSE_intensive
section, to reflect this status.

Repeatable assignments have been written up. Right now we have one good
one,
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/IRC_and_wiki_introduction_exercise.

== Future POSSE/TOS infrastructure needs have been noted ==

Sebastian started
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/Infrastructure_Team with specs
of infrastructure stuff we need to be up and readily accessible to POSSE
instructors for POSSE to be easier to teach and easier to scale as a
program.

== What's left from Doha ==

* POSSE Doha finance squaring-up (Mel) - after the trip is over, I need
to collect and file all the receipts and close the books on this
workshop. Due date 1/24.

* TOS/POSSE marketing material wrap-up (Mel and Sebastian) - we've had
many incredible, insightful conversations about this that are still
ongoing, and when those wrap up we need to reflect on them and turn them
into deliverables for the TOS community. Due date 1/24.

* An opensource.com article on POSSE Doha (Sebastian, who will nag Mel
about it since he's got RSI.) Due date 1/24.

* Go see a bit of Doha before we leave (seriously, we've done almost
nothing but work and sleep since we got to Qatar...)

* A few email follow-ups with individual attendees (Mel and Sebastian,
before we leave Doha tomorrow night).

--Mel