[TOS] FW: Infrastructure Team: Can haz?

Sabin, Mihaela mihaela.sabin at unh.edu
Wed Jan 12 14:33:44 UTC 2011

Like most teachers, I believe too in the merit of inquiry and "deep tinkering"
for the purpose of leveraging the most important component of learning, that is,
in the words in John Seeley Brown, its "social life". However, POSSE workshops
have very specific constraints: so many participants, with so different backgrounds,
for a very short and intense period of time learning collectively and individually
so many competencies.

I'd rather count on some invariants that fall into place to scaffold my learning.
Some elements need closure to help learners make progress. I totally agree
with Mel and Sebastian's proposition for trying to minimize little snags with
the infrastructure tools and services.

Mihaela