[TOS] Technology Lanes

Stephen Jacobs itprofjacobs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 16:08:04 UTC 2011

> Pardon me, but I feel the need to think in terms of a swim lane
> chart[1] in order to understand what teachingopensource.org (tos.o) &
> the Teaching Open Source (TOS) community need for technology.

Swim lanes are great, but I think they need to be done in conjunction with goals, outcomes and curriculum.  There's been some discussion on core POSSE concepts (acculturation, use of basic open source communications technologies) and skillset/interest level stuff (kernel, interface, app dev, etc).  Have we come to some kind of consensus on this?  Do we have a defined skill set that we want all POSSE grads to walk away with? (I know I do, but I'm pretty sure my vision isn't the only one ;->)   If we do, and I missed it, my apologies.  If we don't, we need to nail them down.  If/when we do, that'll inform the lanes.

SJ

Stephen Jacobs
Associate Professor, Interactive Games and Media
DIrector, Lab for Technological Literacy
Visiting Scholar,International Center for the History of Electronic Games
Rochester Institute of Technology
152 Lomb Memorial Drive
Bldg 70
Rochester, NY 14623