[TOS] MediaWiki Configuration

tosmaillist.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net tosmaillist.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net
Sat Mar 19 17:59:56 UTC 2011

I'm sorry, my intent was to reply on list, but not all mail lists set
up the From: field the same way or a Reply to: field and I often
forget to change the reply's To: field to the list.  Are you capable
of checking that also?

As to the wiki, Frederick Grose seems to know of " a configuration for
private user-to-user email.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgEnableUserEmail

It is true by default, but not enabled on TOS wiki.
For an example of the email form, see
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Special:EmailUser/FGrose

The email link for an arbitrary user will appear in the 'Tools'
section of the usual MediaWiki sidebar. With the Paul Gu skin in the
TOS wiki, the link would appear in the bottom dark page bar, if the
feature were activated. (The <wiki>/Special:EmailUser/<User> link
format may also be used if the feature is active.)

Users may set a preference to hide their email address and receive
email through the wiki. See
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/Special:Preferences
When user-to-user email is activated, there is an option to turn that
on or off, also."

Can you turn on this user-to-user email option, unless there is a
reason, such as SPAM, why this was turned off?

Other than that my expertise on wiki configuration is lacking.  I
thought the use of the abbr tag wasn't working, but my sandbox test
seems to function correctly now,
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/User:NeoPhyte_Rep/Wiki_Syntax#HTML_in_Wikimedia
.  It must have been some other project's wiki that disabled that
feature.

I'm sorry it took so long to specify my request, I just wanted to
understand what your evaluation of the current configuration is before
making a request that may have already been evaluated and decided
against.