[TOS] POSSE 2011 cohort: 12 of 15 seats filled

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Mon May 9 16:58:00 UTC 2011

Congratulations to the new members of our POSSE 2011 cohort!

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_2011_applicants#Rajeev_Agrawal

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_2011_applicants#Elinor_Madigan

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_2011_applicants#Allen_White

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_2011_applicants#Evelyn_Brannock

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_2011_applicants#Michael_Jonas

http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE_2011_applicants#Heidi_Ellis\

We now have 12 out of 15 seats filled, so if you're interested in POSSE
but haven't applied yet, head to
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE#Apply - there are only 3
seats left, so send those apps in now! Please holler if you've got any
questions.

Cheers,

--Mel

PS: Some fun statistics on the current cohort...

* 5 men, 7 women
* 2 institutions (University of New Hampshire and Georgia Gwinnett
College) are sending more than one professor. (Well, technically
Rochester Institute of Technology as well - they're hosting a custom
POSSE but Andrea Hickerson is also coming down to Raleigh to join us.
Hurrah!)
* 2 attendees are department chairs, and at least 4 have backgrounds in
industry.