[TOS] Need TOS wiki spam prevention!

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu May 19 13:33:34 UTC 2011

Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> I'd like to point out that we have had this conversation several times
> before (Ian, I didn't mean to pick your email as the one to respond
> to; so don't feel attacked). And I've heard the argument that captcha
> is bad and that openid is cool several times before. But what it comes
> down to is this: who cares enough about it to actually implement and
> maintain it?

I care enough about the project and the co-op that I work for does
give to software communities, but I won't ask the co-op to donate our
sysadmins' time to "open source" (see my previous mail about this
being exclusive and divisive, like trying to call all of Christianity
by the name "Lutheranism").  So I'll spend the occasional minute
writing emails to try to point your workers in the right direction,
but if you want access to our workers, you need to open up and be more
inclusive to co-operatively-developed and free software views.

It's not about whether anyone cares enough.  It's about whether those
who currently have the permissions have the capacity and ability.

However, whoever the workers are, discriminating against people with
disabilities is wrong.  Everyone has the right to education.  I would
prefer to see a project die in a hail of spam and incapacity than
become a physically-able-supremacist project.  YMMV.

Hope that explains,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work through http://www.software.coop/