[TOS] Opening Funding Applications for TOS Events

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Mon May 23 15:45:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com> wrote:
> With a number of events coming up later this year, we're opening
> applications for funding for:
>
> * OSCON (oscon.org)
> * LinuxCon (events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon)
> * FIE (fie-conference.org)
>
> If you're interested, please go to the ticket tracker and submit an
> application: http://tickets.teachingopensource.org/projects/funding
>
> This process is relatively new and I'll go ahead and write some more
> documentation over the next weeks. It should be quite straight-forward
> already though.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -s

To reiterate on this, this funding is available to TOS community
members. I believe in most cases that definition should be pretty
clear. If it isn't, we'll cross that bridge when we have to (or I get
around to writing more definitions up). I'd like to keep the process
as straight-forward as possible.

Upcoming POSSE alumni are in addition still eligible to their $1.6k of
course funding. They don't have to apply for it through this process.

--Sebastian