[TOS] [Action may be Required] TOS Wiki Antispam update

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Wed May 25 23:25:17 UTC 2011

Oops, forgot:

In the interest of full transparency, here's the IRC log with Infra, as
inconsequential as it may be. :)

16:08 <zodbot> Meeting ended Wed May 25 23:08:35 2011 UTC.  Information
about MeetBot at
               http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot .
16:08 <zodbot> Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teachingopensource/2011-05-25/teachingopensource.2011-05-25-22.34.html
16:08 <zodbot> Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teachingopensource/2011-05-25/teachingopensource.2011-05-25-22.34.txt
16:08 <zodbot> Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teachingopensource/2011-05-25/teachingopensource.2011-05-25-22.34.log.html

On Wed 25 May 2011 16:21:36 Ryan Rix wrote:
> Heya everyone,
>
> I just finished enacting more antispam measures on tos.o. This is
> important for anyone wishing to edit the wiki, as it may force you to
do
> some work (email verification).
>
> == Email verification ==
>
> I have made it so that only users who have verified an email address
are
> allowed to edit the Wiki now. When you register, you have the chance
> verify an email address, but it's not required, so I imagine quite a
few
> users did not do so. :) They can no longer edit the wiki. It's easy to
> verify email addresses though.
>
> 1) log in
> 2) open http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/Special:Preferences
> 3) go down to == E-Mail options ==
> 4) tell it to send you an email confirmation
> 5) Click the link in the mail that it sends you
>
> All done, and you can edit again.
>
> == Spam Blacklist ==
> I've enabled the SpamBlacklist plugin, which checks edits against a
> blacklist of regularexpressions, currently being hosted by Wikipedia
> (any site can have their own, piggybacking WP was just the easiest).
If

--
Ryan Rix -- http://rix.si
== OpenSource.com: Where Open Source Happens! ==