[TOS] Parallel Communities?

tosmail20110729.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net tosmail20110729.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net
Fri Apr 6 17:23:07 UTC 2012

Sal Kahn has done a fairly good job of publicizing the existence of
the Khan Academy < http://www.khanacademy.org/ >.  I don't know about
you, but I still watch Sixty Minutes on CBS and Sal's work has been
the subject of TWO of their stories.  The Academy has a Computer
Science topic which uses Python for some of its lessons.  There are
some lessons on the Academy site that were recorded by someone other
than Sal.  Perhaps some Computer Science student might like explore
the possibility of providing some other Computer Science lesson?

My social network streams have coughed up references to Teach A Class
< http://www.teachaclass.org/ > and Open Education Week <
http://www.openeducationweek.org/ >.  I haven't browsed their sites
very well, but I wouldn't want to stand in the way of someone else who
might find something of interest there.  (Default to Open. Right?)