[TOS] CS certification for K12 - what is out there?

eric b eric.bachard at free.fr
Wed Aug 1 06:46:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

Le 1 août 12 à 06:20, Kevin Mark a écrit :

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:50:25AM -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
>>
>> I was just talking with Selena Deckelmann about computer science
>> in K12, a conversation partially spurred by this report:
>
> I came across this link from a BBC story about ICT in UK
> schools ... It has mostly M$-based options :(

That's the reality in a lot of schools. I'm answering you as the main
developer of OOo4Kids, who is a full answer to that, on Windows, Mac
and Linux, including whiteboard like features (annotation mode with
Impress).

For the record we even provide Linux ARM version (as .deb). You'll
find more on the changelog :
http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/index.php/Changelogs

In factn what I would like to say, is, since I created OOo4Kids in
2008, I can't remember I have seen people and companies who animate
this list, helping us**.

Regards,
Eric Bachard

**We are EducOOo : http://www.educoo.org