[TOS] CS certification for K12 - what is out there?

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Wed Aug 1 13:15:47 UTC 2012

> In factn what I would like to say, is, since I created OOo4Kids in 2008,
> I can't remember I have seen people and companies who animate this list,
> helping us**.

Schools are much like giant ships - changing there course is difficult
and takes time. A campus tech coordinator, a few teachers, even district
tech coordinators often can change little or nothing in the face of tech
policies. This is often because X school board members want Y or because
the school signed a contract and NDA with software vendor for X amount
of time. Teachers are seldom allowed to use and almost never allowed to
install the software of their choice.