[TOS] CS certification for K12 - what is out there?

Heidi Ellis heidijcellis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 22:39:16 UTC 2012

+1 !

-----Original Message-----
From: tos-bounces at teachingopensource.org
[mailto:tos-bounces at teachingopensource.org] On Behalf Of Don Davis
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 9:16 AM
To: tos at teachingopensource.org
Subject: Re: [TOS] CS certification for K12 - what is out there?

> In factn what I would like to say, is, since I created OOo4Kids in
> 2008, I can't remember I have seen people and companies who animate
> this list, helping us**.

Schools are much like giant ships - changing there course is difficult and
takes time. A campus tech coordinator, a few teachers, even district tech
coordinators often can change little or nothing in the face of tech
policies. This is often because X school board members want Y or because the
school signed a contract and NDA with software vendor for X amount of time.
Teachers are seldom allowed to use and almost never allowed to install the
software of their choice.