[TOS] TOS site redesign, heads-up

Mel Chua mel at purdue.edu
Tue Feb 21 14:33:25 UTC 2012

> I like it and think it's an improvement, but I'd remove the yellow
> background highlights (I expect them to be links and they're not)

Ah -- yeah, that's part of the styling; the yellow highlights are
<strong> tags and link text is in blue (I didn't include much link text
in the mockup, but ideally the highlighted words you saw in the list
would also be links.)

> and
> it would be great if we could see "free and open source software" in
> there more - free and software currently don't even appear in the
> page, so I suspect it won't appear in a search for "free software".

Gah! You're right, I didn't even register that (which is what happens
when you throw together a mockup in the lab close to midnight, I
suppose). Thank you for pointing that out.

> validator.w3.org says "The center element is obsolete. Use CSS instead."

Yeah, that needs to get fixed, it was a quick hack last night and not
part of the stylesheet Ian originally wrote. :)

--Mel