[TOS] Posse funding request

Andrea Hickerson aahgpt at rit.edu
Mon Feb 27 19:32:53 UTC 2012

Hello!
I would like to use part of my Posse grant to go to SXSW. I will be moderating the panel Binary Bitches: Keeping open source open to women.

Here is the info I submitted over the summer for the panelpicker: http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/ideas/view/9833

Red Hat's own Mo Duffy will be a panelist. We are optimistic the panel will draw a big crowd. Let us know if you will be there!

I went to grad school at UT and am staying with friends, but my expenses will be airfare and a car.  (I bought the ticket already.)

In other news...Spring quarter kicks off in two weeks. My newswriting class will have an assignment to write about open source generally and to write another story profiling a project.  If you are interested in having one of your projects showcased, let me know!

Thanks!

Andrea