[TOS] Fwd: SIGCSE TOS Pre-Conference Symposium

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sun Jan 1 22:52:53 UTC 2012

Trying to send this again.

--s

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SIGCSE TOS Pre-Conference Symposium
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 17:42:46 -0500
From: Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com>
To: 'TOS List' <tos at teachingopensource.org>

Hi folks,

as some of you have probably noticed already, registration for SIGCSE
(scheduled from Feb. 29 til Mar. 3) has opened [1]. Since there's been
some noise around a pre-conference event, I wanted to clarify:

In addition to any scheduled papers, talks, workshops and BoFs, we'll
also have a pre-conference event on Wednesday from 9am til 5pm [2]. The
registration fee is $50 and will be collected as part of the conference
registration -- you can simply select the TOS event during your normal
online registration.

We'll use that fee to cover parts of the cost for the event itself
(room, projector, etc.) as well as potential food offerings.

I'd like to invite all interested parties to register as early as
possible, to give us a good idea of the number folks we'll be expecting.
Feel free to read on the SIGCSE website [2] about the unconference we're
planning.

Mel and I will be around at SIGCSE, in case you're interested in
catching up on the TOS & POSSE work from last year or want to chat.

Looking forward to seeing all of you there,

--Sebastian

[1] http://www.sigcse.org/sigcse2012/attendees/registration.php
[2] http://www.sigcse.org/sigcse2012/attendees/pre_symposium_events.php