[TOS] The Gold Mine

Dave Neary dneary at gnome.org
Thu Jan 26 09:06:36 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I just came across a gold mine of material for TOS today, which I really
should have known about before.

Some friends of mine in a company called Igalia have been teaching a
one-year Masters post-graduate degree in Free Software development for
the past few years.
http://www.igalia.com/nc/work/project/item/master-on-free-software/

They've taught this course in Vigo, A Coruna and Madrid.

What I didn't notice before is that little link on the right of that
page - "Training materials". They have made available a Moodle with
*all* of their course materials - including collections of relevant
articles, slides from presentations and classes, exercises and more.
This is, essentially, everything you need to run a one year course in
free software development, covering topics as broad as data mining with
free software and community dynamics to development of accessible
software and good release practices. It really is an amazing collection
of materials built up over the last 4 or 5 years:
http://docencia.etsit.urjc.es/moodle/course/category.php?id=17

I hope that some of you find this useful!

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary