[TOS] Questionnaire after an open source course

tosmail20110729.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net tosmail20110729.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net
Thu Jan 26 13:48:49 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 4:07 AM,  ivaylo.ganchev at univ-paris8.fr wrote:
> We organize an event next Thursday at the IRILL that will
> search to gather different experiences in teaching FLOSS techniques in
> universities (in French, sorry) :

French expresses ideas as well as English does.  translate.google.com
helps bridge the gap.

> http://www.irill.org/events/lsoc-logiciels-libres-et-enseignement-superieur.
> Will tell you back how the event went. Our goal is to gather the best
> practices, to elucidate the not so good ones and to try to create some
> sort of a guide for teachers that would like to launch this king of
> experience.

And others would like to leverage whatever you can provide, no matter
their native, "natural" language.

> Yes, indeed. In fact these are the chapters, each chapter has 5-10 more
> precise and concrete questions. Will have to find the time to translate it
> in English.

Perhaps someone here has some collaboration time to offer to aid the
refinement of the translation?

(I speak FORTRAN, IBM System/360 Assembler, PL/I, HTML, and am trying
to learn Emacs LISP.  In high school, I tried to read Benjamin
Franklin's autobiography, but the French passages were beyond me.
Given Ben's reputation, they were probably the best part.)