[TOS] Question re. projects and courses related to social computational systems

S. Monisha Pulimood pulimood at tcnj.edu
Wed Jun 13 10:27:45 UTC 2012

Hi:

In the fall I will be teaching an undergraduate course on social
computational systems (human computation a la Luis von Ahn's work on
Duolingo and reCaptcha, Amazon's Mechanical Turk, etc. as well as
crowdsourcing ...). I would like to incorporate some design/development as
well, preferably contributing to an existing open source project. While I
typically use open source software in my classes, I haven't had students
actively contributing to any existing projects yet. After attending the TOS
workshop at SIGCSE in March I was convinced that this would be valuable for
students and would like explore this in the fall.

Does anyone know of existing FOSS projects related to this topic area that
my students could get involved in? Are there any developers who might be
willing to mentor these students?

Thanks for any help and pointers you can give me.

Monisha**
Dr. S. Monisha Pulimood
Associate Professor
Dept. of Computer Science